Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Contractor's General Liability

Contractor's General Liability insurance is for residential and commercial builders, general contractors, construction managers, design and build firms, specialty contractors or subcontractors, owners or public and private construction projects.

We offer contractor policies for every type of project:

• Property
• Builders risk insurance and course of construction
• Liability insurance
• General liability insurance
• Contractor insurance
• Commercial auto
• Umbrella
• Workers' compensation
• Railroad protective
• Equipment insurance
• Contractor’s bonds


There is a difference between contractors general liability coverage contractors professional liability and builders risk coverage.

Builders Risk: 1st Party coverage for a building under construction, covers the property, building and materials.

Contractors General Liability: Covers your exposure for causing Bodily Injury or Property Damage with exceptions. Covers you acting in your capacity as a contractor only, for example, kids playing on the job site fall in a uncovered trench. A general liability policy would respond on your behalf. It would also respond to a claim such as one of your employees accidentally damages the plumbing in a building and causes water damage.

Professional Liability: Covers professional services such as design work, site assessments and the like. Any contractor that does any sort of design work needs a professional liability policy in case they make design errors. The general liability policy specifically excludes this.

When considering your needs for insurance products for your business or home you should be contacting Bennett Insurance Group at 623-979-4140

Brought to you by:
Jim Bennett
Bennett Insurance Group
623-979-4140

http://jimbennettinsurance.com
jim@jimbennettinsurance.com

8 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this information. My son is considering becoming a contractor. I don't know a whole lot about contracting, but I am pretty sure that they need to have insurance. If someone were to get hurt on one of his job sites, he would need some type of insurance coverage.

    Susan Hirst | http://ferranteinsurance.com/contractor-liability-insurance/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contacted Hazana Rivers for insurance last year on the advice of a posting on another blog.General Liability Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your article its very nice to read.I am really thankful to the author of this post for making this lovely and informative article live here for us.
    Contractors Insurance California

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your article its very nice to read.I am really thankful to the author of this post for making this lovely and informative article live here for us.
    Contractors General Liability Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great information. Every homeowner should be aware of their risks when having construction done on their property.
    Excess Liability

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Blog! Very informative.I appreciate all the information that you just shared with me very much and I also bookmarked this on dig too.Excess Liability

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Really Enjoyed The Blog. I Have Just Bookmarked. I Am Regular Visitor Of Your Website I Will Share It With My Friends Thanks and I promises I will visit your blog again.

    contractors-insurance-california

    ReplyDelete